Friday, May 16, 2008

No, really! I can handle the truth!

So I've been floating around attempting to prove or disprove certain claims that have been made about Sen. Obama's relationship and interaction with Mr. Odenga from the Kenyan missionaries. These people may (or may not) be looney toons, but they may be basing "some" of their information on facts. With a simple email I can't tell either way. I just want to know the verifiable truth of the following without all the vitriolic banter:

1. Did Obama send Odenga a million dollars? And if so, can it be tied to his campaign?
2. Who can verify the authenticity of Odenga's claim that Obama is his cousin? (not horribly critical, but further cements theories and motives.)
3. When Obama went to Kenya to "meet with his family" did he or did he not stump with/for Odenga and if not what was that picture of the two of them on stage about?
4. Has the story of whether or not Obama called Odenga twice during Obama's campaign trail to discuss things about Odenga's failed presidential bid?

I'm not saying what happened either way on any of these four questions. I'm simply asking them with no intended implications....yet. I like to know the verifiable facts, not pontifications. Thanks.

5 comments:

American Warmonger said...

After further research this whole thing is a farce.

American Warmonger said...

After further research this whole thing is a farce.

Anonymous said...

You take more vacations than the Senate does recesses. Glad I'm not holding my breath for your next post . . .

Semper Fi

American Warmonger said...

Mustang, I post when I feel the need. I just haven't felt the need much. I'm at a loss to find an audience to which I'd like to speak to and/or with. I'm smacked directly in the face with either "for us or against us" rhetoric. I believe it's my "id" they're crushing. Republicans, Democrats, they're all the same. By being against both of them I would become them. I want to be different from that. I'm having a hard time with it.

*Id - as in id, ego, super-ego

Anonymous said...

I agree, Gus . . . but the only way to change the status quo in American politics is to expose the polecats for what they are, irrespective of party affiliation. It isn't hard, I don't think . . . they go out of their way to give us tremendous opportunities.

Semper Fi