Thursday, August 16, 2007

An Open Letter to Peaceful Islamists

Dear Peaceful Islamist,

I an writing you today because the human race needs your help. You are in a unique position to save the lives of thousands upon thousands of people. You see, there are Islamists, unlike yourself, that have chosen the path of violence and death. They do not care who they kill. Every infidel, like myself, is a victory and every Islamist, like you, becomes a martyr in a jihad you do not believe in.

Now you may be asking yourself, "why should I stand up against my own brothers, my Imam even, to protect infidels, the non-believers?" Well, it is because with every "non-believer" your brother kills it makes another bunch of non-believers mad enough to kill an islamist and they can't tell the violent ones from the peaceful ones. The ones that don't turn to violence against you will forever be jaded against you. They will see you in the same light as they see those that have twisted the word of Mohammed to suit their own purpose. They'll see you as no more deserving than them because you had the opportunity to do good but did not act from your cowardice. The longer things continue the worse it will become. The more jaded against you people will become.

So here is where I ask the favor. This will be the hardest thing for you to do. It is you who must stop the killing. It is you who must become active and speak out against the bombings, the terrorism. It is you who must find the courage to speak out against your Imam that threatens the lives of others. And if you can't convince them not to kill it is you who must turn in your own brother.

It is no simple favor that I ask but please hear me through. Would a true borther put you in that situation? Would he force you to choose between his misguided actions or the lives of others? I say to you that his is not your brother. He becomes the serpent who does nothing but evil. He laughs at you for your weakness and flaunts it every moment he plans to strike out. He means to make you impotent. He has already shunned you as his brother.

Some may ask me why I chose to speak to you this way. Why do you even ask people to do something so difficult? I say it because if I can help one person make a decision that helps other than hurts it is worth a thousand letters. If I can convince one person to stop an act of violent jihad then whatever the price it will be worth it. I ask you, dear peaceful Islamist, please, be that person who makes a difference. Be the one that helps your true peaceful brothers.

4 comments:

GM Roper said...

GUS, how absolutely on point this is. Well Done Sir, WELL.DONE.

Mountain Mama said...

I agree with roper. This letter packs more clout than a barrel of gun powder! I pray it will be read and heeded by many.
Good job!

Doug said...

Have you been corresponding with the Tooth Fairy as well?

There are violent Islamists, larval stage violent Islamists, and Muslims with no Islamist ambitions. If you find a peaceful Islamist, they're in that early transitory state.

American Warmonger said...

I'm the eternal optimist Doug. Always have been. Sure, I get kicked around a lot for it, but it's who I am.

If you believe them to be good you might get disappointed occasionally. you believe someone is bad you'll never be disappointed.