Monday, August 6, 2007

Rebirth

Like a Phoenix from the ashes, blah, blah, blah....

I quit my old blog. I'm making a new one. There's too much baggage at the old place and it isn't really me anymore. No, I'm not going to link to it. That would kind of defeat the purpose of starting a new blog.

About me:

I've always been politically minded but I do my best not to fall into any one camp. Walking lock-step behind anyone reminds me of lemmings running off a cliff. While I have no fear of heights I'm not too fond of the sudden stop at the bottom. So I choose to make my own mind up about things. Sometimes they're left, other times their right, frequently they'll make you think, "What orifice did he pull that idea out of?"

Why "Periodically Correct"? Well, I'm not always right. Nobody's always right. Anybody who tells you that is a liar and a braggart...unless he's God. There also the part where I'll just disappear off the face of the earth for a while. It will happen. Don't worry about it. Just keep me on the list of people you stroll by and I'll say something eventually. I refuse to follow the "three posts a day" rule. I'm not a slave. I might skip whole weeks at a time! It all depends on my personal schedule and if I have something I need to get off my chest.

So take your shoes off. Stay a while. Let me put up some decorations on these plain white walls and unpack. You're in for some interesting times.

6 comments:

Mountain Mama said...

YAHOO YOUR BACK!! And how exciting to have a brand new page to decorate and fill with whatever you want.
You are right about blogging too. It's your sounding board and for your entertainment not some drudgery to be tied to.
I like your intro honey. You sure do have a way with words!
I'l be back. (((((HUGS))))

Ogre said...

What are you, some type of lemmingophobe? Geez!

Hey wait, there's a 3-post a day rule? Who makes these rules, and why don't I have a copy of them! Argh! :)

Patty-Jo said...

Grrr! I tried to comment earlier but I keep getting my Blogger password wrong. I think I've got it figured out this time.

First of all, I'm really glad you chose your favorite color for your blog. I've always been impressed that my sons didn't go with the traditional blue for boys deal. Although it has been a bit rough for your little brother who has always been especially fond of pink.

I was glad to see your post on "another network" about Iraq. I'd been meaning to ask you about your feelings on that subject for a while now. I agree with you. We go when they ask us to go. Until then we're still needed there.

My heart goes out to our troops and their families. Being in the military is difficult in peacetime. It's hell during wartime. I'm so proud of all of them and the hard work they do.

I'm looking forward to your next post, whenever it may be.

Editor said...

Dude. Dude.

The wife started a new one for our latest adventure. She'll forward it onto you, so she says.

American Warmonger said...

Oh, wow....

Okay...

1. I guess the next time I have something I'd like discussion on I'll email my friends! There's more discussion on this one post than there has been on the other site for like...a month!

2. Thanks Grandma. I know you're obligated to say stuff like that but I know you mean it honestly.

3. The three post rule: To increase your daily hit count post during the three most common reading times: Morning (people just getting to work), Noon (What to do no a lunch break) and afternoon around 3-6 (Quitting time and people getting home that were stuck behind firewalls and such.) It's a generalized formula that seems to work. This does not apply to weekends and holidays.

4. You know, I never really thought about the site being orange but I think I'll keep it. Ain't no way I'm going to make it pink though.

5. You still haven't put the damned log cabin together? There's a guy in Seskatchewan that just finished putting his matchstick log cabin together and he started the same time you two did. GET A MOVE ON PEOPLES! (Just Kidding. Doing something different always has its delays. It'll be worth it in the end.)

6. Well, looks like I need to get to blogging now that people know I'm still alive.

Raven said...

Welcome back!!

Orange? Why not a shade deeper, a little browner? LOL...and whats wrong with PINK?????????????????

;)